Are EVA days numbered?
Designed to help you run longer and more comfortably, adidas announces the revolutionary adidas Energy Boost, featuring game-changing cushioning technology, sought out for the past 30 years and in development for more than three years.
The first-in-the-industry cushioning is made up of a material that contains thousands of capsules blown together through high pressure steam that provide springy cushioning and act like a trampoline under your feet.
- Created by adidas Innovation Team in partnership with BASF, The Chemical Company.
- The soft lightweight cushioning stores and releases energy efficiently.
- Compared to standard EVA midsole material, Boost three times more temperature-resistant so you can perform consistently in any climate.
- Boost has an energy return unlike any other cushioning.
- The neutral shoe weighs 9.8 ounces.
adidas Energy Boost also combines the benefits of EVA cushioning – comfort, weight and smooth transition – with TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) – energy return, durability and temperature resistance.
- The ultra-snug Techfit upper moves with the foot and four-way stretch air mesh offers the comfort of a sock.
- Engineered power bands provide targeted compression support and stabilize the foot where needed.
- Endured intense biomechanical testing over thousands of steps.
This is interesting stuff and the technology is real. Yohan Blake and Haile Gebrselassie are both #allin with #boost and thinking new records! Whether it is awkward running in them is yet to be seen. adidas is predicting that EVA will be obsolete. Will publish my review once I get my feet on these!